Christmas Decorations for cakes and puddings using Garden Leaves
Why not set the scene this Christmas by using some fresh flowers and natural materials such as twigs and foliage to transform you cakes, yule logs, table and mantelpiece. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Chocolate holly decorations:
50g (20z) dark chocolate
25g (1oz) white chocolate
8 holly leaves
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwavable bowl, or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Wash the holly leaves and pat dry carefully with kitchen paper.
- Paint the melted chocolate thickly on to the shiny side of two holly leaves.
- Put on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and chill until the chocolate has set.
- Once set, carefully peel away the holly leaves from the chocolate and lay them on your chosen cake, Yule log or pudding.
- Repeat using the white chocolate if required.
Simple but effective no frills Christmas cake decoration:
Fresh or frozen cranberries
Sprigs of fresh bay leaves
- If using frozen cranberries, thaw and leave on kitchen paper for 20 min to soak up excess moisture.
- Snip of bay leaves in clusters of 3 or 5 and wash and dry them
- Simply arrange on top of the cake with the cranberries
- Dust the holly leaves with icing sugar.