Natria Compost Activator
- Simply sprinkle onto compost to speed up the composting process.
- Made from 100% natural ingredients so ideal for Grow Your Own.
- Certified for organic use by Organic Farmers & Growers Limited.
Advice on application
1. Make a compost heap around 1 sq.m in size, or use a purpose made composting bin.
2. Add material to be composted in layers of around 20 cm (8ins) to a maximum height of around 1 metre.
3. Sprinkle one tablespoon (aroung 50g) of compost activator evenly over each 20cm layer.
4. Ensure the heap is kept moist, but not too wet; add water if necessary.
5. Once the composting bin or heap is full, leave for 6-8 weeks to allow the material to break down into a crumbly, brown texture.
6. Either spread the compost over the garden as a mulch or soil improver, or mix with soil when preparing beds for planting.
Tips for composting:
• If not using a purpose made compost bin, ensure that the heap is covered in very wet or cold weather.
• Ensure that any woody stems and paper are shredded before they are added.
• Air is essential for the composting process; to make sure that the bacterial enzymes are working as effectively as possible mix or turn the compost if it starts to become compacted.
Precaution for use
• Wash hands after use. Keep away from drinking water and foodstuffs. Product is non-flammable, biodegradable, non toxic and safe when used as directed.